Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Peach & Cherry upside-down Cake

I made this yesterday for a meal with my parents and one of my colleagues (which we all agreed was long overdue). I baked the cake in a Pyrex pie dish, which I have found to be the best for any upside-down style cake, or self-saucing cakes that are turned out after you bake them.

I used this recipe, which is skinny! I am all for lightened-up recipes, but they have to use all real ingredients for me to use them. No faux stuff here!

But what if you can't lay hands on buttermilk? No problem! Take a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Pour in enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line. Wait five minutes. Then, use whatever your recipe calls for.

Enjoy the holiday if you have it!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: