Friday, September 7, 2012

Hoopla!

Well, it's been about a month since I last posted, which is not so good, but I have been handling mundane things like explaining subjunctive verbs and being handy for a family wedding.

But today, I'd like to post about my fledgling Hoopla Wall. What's a Hoopla?
Any kind of fiber art framed in an embroidery hoop. The hoop becomes the method of presentation as much as completion!

I just got finished with Ongoing Hoopla Swap found on Craftster (An excellent site not only for craft swaps, but all things craft). I'd already received one hoop in an earlier Doctor Who swap and loved the KYSMIK (old Norse for "kiss me"/Viking) I got in this one. It inspired me to finish the Labyrinth hoop that had been languishing in my crafts basket.

My Hoopla Wall

If you want to see some truly awesome hoopla that are being made, check out this link!

-Geeksweet.blogspot.com: Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: