Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It shouldn't be a chore to sleep so thoroughly!




I've always loved those vintage (and retro) Days of the Week Chores towels. So, I got curious and looked for the original poem. And while there was a version commonly used in the 50s and 60s, there were variations going back well over a hundred years! I especially liked those older versions, where Thursday was for brewing. :D

So, what's it to be in the modern era? Funnily enough, I still like to leave washing for Monday. That leaves me free to go visit my family for Sunday dinner, without any rushing home. It's also a great time to change all the linens out.

This week, anyway, we're going to try out this routine and see what happens:
Monday: Wash Day
Tuesday: Cleaning & Grocery Day
Wednesday: Baking Day
Thursday: Sewing Day
Friday: Lazy Day
Saturday: ?????? Day
Sunday: Foodie Day (& Mixology!)

No comments: